PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines
Thread: China Airlines
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2003, 12:36
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ilovelonghaul

I'm just curious about your remarks regarding China Airlines.

Would you have any idea, if they need that many "type rated" crew, why they have an age 42 cutoff???

With their Safety record, I simply can't imagine how age discrimination enhances their ability to improve on it. Do you?

I hate to sound like a whiner (which I'm not, I assure you) but although I haven't submitted my details to them, I would be interested in working for them. Especially with the present realities of our industry.
Reasonable companies have certain 'flexibilities' when looking at the overall candidate. Perhaps CAL do as well. I wouldn't know.

You probably know as well, the recruiting Agencies aren't very helpful to just plain useless, as they see things in black and white. In most cases they are merely a nuisance to the Airlines that are recruiting. If you aren't current they won't lift a finger on your behalf. Plus, it is my understanding, CAL will place you on a full course anyway. So, you might as well deal directly with CAL than an agency.

I have over 3500 hours on the A300-600 as an F/O.
I am Type Rated on both A310 and A300.
I have over 11,000 Total flying hours.
But....I'm over 42.

If an ex-pat is likely to fly ONLY a specific type while at CAL, what difference does age make or how does it fit into the equation.

I'd be interested in your analysis.
Thanks.