PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane of singer Jenni Rivera missing in Mexico
Old 26th Dec 2012, 04:07
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got me thinking. Do the Mexican authorities make aircraft accident reports public?

Reason asking is that I saw one of my students airplane sitting in the ACA sun one day in 2004, twisted, broken and just sad to watch. N55ES was the tail number. Never found out what happened.
A picture of the wreckage next to a G-I carcass is here:

Photos: Lancair Lancair Super ES Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

They didn't move the essential power selector. It was the standby power they moved to the overhead.
Never heard of a separate standby power selector on the FE panel (I only flew -200's). The essential power selector was a wafer switch and standby power was one of the selections (along with APU, gens 1-3 and external) is this the one you are thinking of? The essential power selector panel had a red covered 'FAIL' light that Huck mentioned earlier, if you didn't find that brake interconnect on the ground when the power tripped off it could get exciting real fast.

Most, but not all, essential power selector switch knobs were yellow or white to help differentiate them from the very similar looking AC Meters switch (with the two generator paralleling lights).

Last edited by Airbubba; 26th Dec 2012 at 05:26.