PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin DR400-160 checklist?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2012, 20:42
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dutch

I have to disagree with you, the reason the nose leg may be slow to disengage from the centering mechanism is that the oil/air quantitys are wrong in the landing gear shock struts, what you are describing is a defect with your aircraft and should be addressed by your maintenance provider, not by putting extra stress on the nose gear when landing.

As for fuel tank usage the main tank has a problem in that the last 10 lts or so can't be used in the climbing attitude and so the main tank should NOT be used for landing in a low fuel situation. From an endurance point of view it is far better to run the main tank dry in the cruise and land on one of the wing tanks. That way you can burn all the fuel on the aircraft rather than have the engine stop in the go-around dispite having enough fuel in the tank for another circuit.

I suspect that the later DR400 & 500 that were manufactured may have addressed the unusable fuel in the climb due to the different shape of the main tank fuel pick up, but if you use my SOP it is good for all DR400 aircraft.

Of course I would recomend not getting the fuel that low in the first place but you should know what to do if fate gangs up on you !

Last edited by A and C; 25th Dec 2012 at 20:52.