PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is jetaifly belgium selection and interview waste of precious time and money ??
Old 24th Dec 2012, 22:12
BEAU JOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up csn BEAUTY

CATPLAYSTATION - Do you do anything else other than winge/grumble/snipe/moan/bitch etc etc at every little entry on PPRUNE?

I have been at Jetairfly a few years now and ITS A GREAT JOB. Others have been there longer than me and THEY KEEP COMING BACK - well the GOOD ones are INVITED BACK. Yes some of the trips are long - but not as long as a UK operator doing a day return to the Red Sea, or a Scandanavian operator doing a Canary Is day return. They are like ALL IT Charter operators ie. in the summer silly season WORK HARD. The European based Capts get rostered so they get two 3-4 day breaks at home per month so it IS COMMUTABLE.

What is the problem with that ?
- oh I forgot -- YOU expect the world to owe you a living? YOU are not the Almighty- YOU are just a 'Bus driver'- perhaps not -- how could you have time to fly as you seem to spend all day and night making posts on PPRUNE -- what is the tally now - 2401??????

Having you in the Verac Apts moaning all summer would spoil the great BBQs that Kiwi farmer organises. A few years back we had some loan pilots from Thomson. Talk about spoil the fun!! You should join them as your attitudes are the same. The seasons with the ex Sterling pilots were great. Bike trips all over beautiful Belgium - again organised by that bloody farmer - not to mention the kayak trips down a few rivers, or the Beer tasting afternoons - again on bikes, to return 'home' to the Veracs to find our colleagues ready with a BBQ - and maybe some 'beauties' for us to rest our weary eyes upon and reminisce of days gone by. By the way, that farmer comes to BRU as he says 'for a holiday'. During our winter (his summer) he goes downunder and works 12-14hrs days 7 days/week.

This year has been a little different due to Jet4You - the Morrocan operation being absorbed back into JAF. This has given the contract Capts the opportunity to have 3-6 day trips to Morrocco. Some patterns have been a little 'gypsy' in having to pack bags every day or two, while others have been absolutley fabulous. As said in a previous post - 5star, beach side full board PLUS euro80 per day. How much more do YOU want.?

Now - it is a known FACT that some Belgian companies like to demonstrate or 'maintain' their basic hand flying skills. Yes, maunal flying, no F/Ds, no A/T is examined and expected of crews to occassionally do on the line. The F/Os - even those spotty 300hr ab-initio F/Os are good- probably better than YOU. Perhaps if Air France had the same attitude toward manual flying skills then AF447 would have arrived in Paris?

It's not just Jetairfly that expects RAW data manual flying. Lionair sim check is all manual flown on Full Rose both sides so no sneaking a look over at the F/Os NAV Display. I also hear the Chinese expect the same - so WHATS YOUR PROBLEM ?

BEAUTY 4MW - Clear for Take- Off