PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips on passing Law and Ops?????
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2003, 10:45
Tubbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I made notes of my own in a jotter, which summarised all the important main points of each chapter in my notes. I tried to make my notes as easy to read and clear as possible, with diagrams and tables where appropriate. Diagrams and drawings are much easier to learn and remember than figures, so if you can translate a piece of information into a picture you will be able to recall it much more easily.
Look at the feedback and you will notice (as the previous posting points out) that there are patterns and exam 'favourites'. These give you an idea of the areas of the topic where particular attention should be paid. I did this and took my notes and distilled them even further into cards. I also took A4 sheets and plastered my walls with them - I found it helpful to move around the room, stand and sit or do the washing up whilst reciting a table or whatever. Experiment and find what works best for you.
I also found nmemonics very useful for learning lists (for example, documents that have to be carried etc).
However you do it, the important things is to put in the hours and make every hour count. Law and Ops are fairly boring, but in small concentrated doses you can liven it up by setting yourself goals. It's amazing how quickly you can learn a reasonably complicated list of airspeeds/runway figures etc by being a bit creative.
Best of luck with the exams.