PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seriously obese passenger query.
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 18:00
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So what will you go after if you succeed with your master plan against 'fatties'?

Maybe only people with blonde hair and blue eyes should travel as they don't look sinister at all and would exclude those from dodgy countries?

Perhaps as someone on the borderline between overweight and obese I should have a big yellow 'F' for fatty affixed in a place to be easily visible for the check-in agents to see? It would also enable the skinnies to be able to identify me for taunts, insults and jokes.

I have a friend who would fulfil the criteria for being a 'chosen' one. He is slight of build and runs, swims and cycles to almost obsessive amounts. However his body is now rejecting this regime of goodliness and he is on multiple medications all at a cost covered by his health insurance, which is the same company I use. So I am subsidising his treatment am I not as I, although overweight, am not costing the insurance company anything for medications.

There are many 'keep fit' people I know who regularly cause damage to their bodies with their keep fittery and require treatments that add cost to my insurance.

What to do with these persons?

The more elitist and divisive we become the more difficult it is to set the parameters because there will always be exceptions. I bet you would make exceptions for a guy who was in a rugby front row even though they probably exceed all your parameters.

Last edited by surely not; 24th Dec 2012 at 18:02.