PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Air France incident
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 12:22
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

I am once again sadly surprised by the xenophobia by certain "so-called" professionals. According to BEagle all French pilots should not be trusted, only the Germans and the British are the supreme commanders of the skies. (Seriously mate, had a bad day, lately?) How can this board even consider using the title professional with certain comments like the above?

For all those that disagree, another indicator of pprune's xenophobia is the yearly occurring "non-English" ATC thread, that occurs with such regularity that one can sing "Alle Jahre wieder". For some odd reason, I haven't seen one yet that doesn't accuse France. It makes me laugh, since my international flights go into Central and South America, and according to most monoglots roaming this board I am gambling with my life. None of those internet tough guys seem to dare to put their logic (whether I agree to it or not) into the Latin America forum, since this is an area quite larger than Europe.

To go back to the original topic "another AF incident", it lacks any comparison to one of its European competitors since we do not have complete data of incidents (including AF). No one can convince me that airlines like LH, BA, VS, etc have perfect ops every day. Just because an incident makes a news story it does not reveal the complete picture of that airline and even of its competitors or even the national mentality. As we know, national sentiments can go both ways. (as can luck)

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Squawk7777; 24th Dec 2012 at 12:28.