PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Puma Crash At Abingdon
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2003, 09:55
ShutUp and Drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tigs

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so grumpy. I fully appreciate the value and use of PPrune and have used it myself for over 2 years. My point really was that often theses things can be traumatic for all involved, not just in physical terms, but in mental ways too.

It is a well known fact that most aircrew suffer from guilt and remorse following a crash of any kind (especially one where the potential of killing or injuring someone is as high as this was), irrespective of whether it was aircraft or aircrew at fault.

It is difficult enough for these aircrew as it is, without us lot adding to those feelings. I know if I were in the same position, the last thing I would want is speculation. As aircrew I feel it is our job protect each other from all the back biting and in fighting that seems to dominate the rest of the military.

Don't want to seem against the spirit of the forum.

Dunhovrin

As for the BoI gathering the facts and then blaming the nav, they'll struggle this time as the front end was crewed by 2 pilots. Could always blame the crewman though... (Always seems to be the way...)