PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 21:37
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOU

I for one would like to see BMI Regional fill in the gaps left by Flybe withdrawing from Southampton to Brussels and Frankfurt and perhaps opening new routes to Zurich and possibly Milan/Munich.

I know Eastern replaced Flybe on the Brussels route and has since dropped the route but with a good schedule I am sure it would work perhaps with a SN codeshare as with a LH codeshare to Frankfurt.

I work for the cruise industry based in Southampton and the amount of German passengers joining the Cunard vessels has risen year by year with an average of at least 300 travelling on any particular cruise and sometimes 500+ on the Queen Mary 2 and with the majority of these passengers are origionating from Hamburg and Dusseldorf so maybe a seasonal Hamburg route could work!

Alot of these German passengers actually arrive by coach would you believe on along journey from Germany via the Dover-Calais ferry or use Lufthansa with coach transfers to Southampton docks so a market is there.

We need some competition here at Southampton and a new airline in the market serving destinations not currently flown from the airport and with BMI regional it would give them a southern airport serving a very wide catchment area and would fit in nicely with there route network.