PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good Flying School in South East Asia
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 16:24
abhay9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I recently did my PPL from Chimes Aviation Academy, It took me nearly 7 years of research on flying school ranging from USA, Canada, Australia to India.

And finally came down on Chimes Aviation Academy. Advantage over other flying Academy in India and other countries are ;

1) Independent Airfield ( So the advantage is you dont have to go through ATC red tape system every time you want to make a sortie)

2) 11 New C172R NAV III G1000 aircraft ( I can tell you each and every aircraft is well maintained)

3) Good Infrastructure including nice Class rooms for Ground study and a good Library

4) Fixed based Simulator for C172 with huge projector screen

5) Good Instructor team

6) They will send you on Solo flights, not like some of other academy which sends Dolo's

On the part of price, I think if you consider the time in which they will complete your flying you will actually save lot of money on your other expenses.

Also work culture there is very good, they are very much oriented and aggressive towards flying. So you will not face scenarios where you have to beg your CFI and FI to put you on for flying. They recently also got into Limca Book of Records on Max number of flying done in a Single day.

The Maintenance staff there are awesome, I believe that would stand good with other academy too.

Do good research and select academy which have really good fleet of Aircrafts with them, dont even think of any academy which has just 2 or 3 aircrafts, as your flying will get effected very badly.

Good Luck on your Flying carrier

Regards
Abhay