PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 11:41
VH-MLE

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
From LeadSled:

Cast your mind back to the last major loss of life at YSSY --- a Kingair that crashed on the seawall around the 34 (now 34L) threshold -- everybody died.

Despite the engine failure advised, the controller did not clear the aircraft No.1 because the pilot did not broadcast a Mayday or otherwise formally declare an emergency. It's all in the BASI report. Had he not been cleared No2 behind a B727, in all likelihood the aircraft would have made it.

Go even further back to the night the TAA B727 on takeoff hit the taxing CPA DC-8. Once again, pedantic and slavish Australian (and non-ICAO) "radio procedures" played a big part in the accident.

Or the Garuda DC-10 ( I think it was a 10) that nearly hit a domestic over Perth --- once again, failed "radio procedures" ---- but if the poor bleeding controller doesn't deviate --- he or she doesn't loose their jobs.

It's a long sad history of Australian "radio procedures" versus effective communications.

As usual coming from you, what complete and utter nonsense!! You appear to have no qualms or conscience in manipulating whatever incidents occur in this industry to suit your own personal agenda(s) and I think that that is quite disgraceful!!!

Please explain how you reach your conclusions in the first two examples?? I am unaware of the Garuda "domestic" that you refer to - please elaborate so that I can compare your version of fact with reality.

Cheers.

VH-MLE