PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wild deer recovery (video)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 04:16
skidbiter2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RVDT
Thanks, obviously I am not good at putting words to print, and you did an excellent job of explaining how things were and are now.

Ag Bis
Yes you are right, I did need to chill, but you know how some days things just have a way of p1ss1ng you off, well I guess that was what happened to me, normally I just chuckle at comments made, but that day I bit back, I didn't have the will or the time to explain how it was, as RVDT did.

Times have changed, I missed out on the live recovery for the most part, but I did get my start as a shooter then onwards as a pilot hunting deer for a number of years, and I am proud to have had the chance to do so, it is the best flying I have ever had the chance to do, there is a movie out called "The Last Great Adventure", and that is exactly what it was, but I had aspirations for bigger machines and differing work so moved away from the hunting life and of coarse I fly a lot differently doing the job I do now, and so do the pilots that used to fly the 500's etc on recovery who now fly the cranes logging or on fires etc.

So sorry for spouting off the other day, prolly wasn't called for, I should have taken some of my own advice!