PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 03:50
Obidiah

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok. What then?
The way I read the sequence it was 0753:00 and no gear horn 130 KIAS/1000 fpm some thrust from the surging engine

By 0754:35 it was 140 KIAS 900 fpm and gear horn blaring and speed RoD reducing.

In the 1.5 minutes in between these we see transitions up to 160 KIAS and 1600 fpm but not simultaneously.

I got the feeling that these time stamp snap shots were showing the power coming off the surging engine with the trottle being closed (and drag significantly increasing) then feathering occuring and speed increasing and RoD decreasing.

I imagine during this time he had his head down in the cockpit while holding a nose down profile and hand flying.

Who knows where the trim was, and with all that was going on around him coupled with some tasks he was trying to get accomplished it suprises me little that speed and RoD were all over the place for 90 seconds.

Just a shame he didn't get back to Vyse after it was all done.

But hey I wasn't there, we don't know if while all this was going on he didn't spill a hot coffee on his crutch further compounding the issues.

In this day and age surely it must be possible to have a cheap rugged basic data recording device in these things. Certainly would make it easier to garner information later.