PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw Modlin
Thread: Warsaw Modlin
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 19:20
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a source for that? They continually claim they are profitable but when they are asked to show the numbers they go very quiet and start banding phrases around but not actually mentioning any figures so until they start backing up their statements I'll be skeptical.

They claimed up until middle of 2009 they were profitable for several years when Sky Europe were on their knees. But the only accounts published to date, until mid 2009 showed that they had never made a profit and had actually made a loss in that year and had to put the repayments of debt back a few years.

I'm sure that their financial figures have improved since then without doubt, but how much is open to debate, if they are as good as you say, why not just be open about them, they're nothing to be ashamed of. Just making generic statements such as 'best year ever' and 'large profits' can mean anything, especially given what happened in 2009.l

I'd say this year has been fairly tough for them though, as it's the first time they've had any real competition from FR, up until this year the two companies kept away from each others turf.