PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruitment
Thread: BA Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 18:46
zzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fifteen years ago I did the sums. I was a Captain in a regional airline owned by KLM. After lots of deliberation I accepted the job with BA and joined on the 777. I thought I would take a pay cut to move but was pleasantly surprised to see that, with all the extra bits and pieces, I was soon taking home more than I had done previously. After five years I took a command on the 737. Big pay rise and fun flying. After a couple of years of that my circumstances changed and I moved abroad. When my 737 freeze expired I thought what now? How about the jumbo. Back to the RHS and a small pay cut but now quite senior. Cape Town and Hong Kong every month. Fantastic. Four years later. Bored with the RHS. How about go part time and get a command on the Airbus. Huge network, loads of interesting nightstops or shorter day trips if preferred.

That is one of the beauties of BA. so many opportunities. Whatever you want to do, long haul, short haul, management, training, full time, part time. Live anywhere in the world, it's all available.