PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lightning Mate
Thread: Lightning Mate
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 14:38
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Which is wholly different to your original comment, Wholi'! All now makes sense, sorry to have doubted you.

If the JP was indeed manipulating the controls during your demo, after your interesting 30 sec of recovery, I imagine that he was 'significantly rebriefed' about the IHC / YHC code?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. Having some tw@t doing his best to kill you despite the brief can't have been much fun!

I can only recall one personal instance of 'who has control'? During my first ever formation ride in a Hawk during a refresher course, my QFI took control to demo something. A few seconds later, he exclaimed "WTF are you doing?" as we closed rather alarmingly on the leader. "Nothing", I said, "I'm not flying it!". An abject apology followed as the realisation dawned and we had a beer in the pub later.

During my training days, a 'who has control' incident a mate had in a Chipmunk on final had the runway caravan mate running off in fear of his life... But I won't elaborate further - let's get back to some good WIWOL tales!