PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not even Gandalf could conjure up a job with a Frozen ATPL
Old 6th Jan 2002, 16:50
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MadJock/Tailscape

Here is an outfit offering positions where you effectively pay for multi time.

<a href="http://www.pacificwings.com/First%20Officer%20Jobs.htm" target="_blank">Pacific Wings</a>

Its a Cessna 402 so doesn't burn jetA, but in the good old days in the US that didn't matter if you wanted a job with the US commuters, 1000 hours total and 100 multi was what they were looking for.

So if you believe their figures, and I have no reason not to, you can/could pick up multi time for around $10 per hour. Lots of people don't like this, but it's a free country and you don't have to apply for the job if you don't like it.

As was stated, US rules for logging PIC are different from the UK. If you are sole manipulator of the controls in an aircraft you are rated in you can log it. Most kids joining the commuters with their 100 multi hours would get most of them as instructing time. As their student probably needs 25 hours in type to rent any plane, the instuctor is usually just along for the ride for maybe 15 hours of that and will be lucky to touch the controls.

So you could argue that somebody coming from Pacific Wings was more experienced that the guys coming out of the flight schools. I'm not sure how they get around the fact that at 402 is a single pilot aircraft, I need to look at the FARs or talk to some of my Part 135 buddies.

[ 06 January 2002: Message edited by: slim_slag ]</p>