PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 06:17
Roger Greendeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised that the ATSB ave discounted the role of the type rating training in the accident and have not even mentioned the ongoing training in the factors. If I am understanding their logic this is because the pilot had flown a lot of hours post training.

It is not my intention to be critical of the pilot as I know my ability to deal with in flight malfunctions is largely based on high quality training that I have received, not my innate skill. But I can't escape the conclusion that the aircraft ultimately crashed because of the way the malfunction was handled. If OEI operations was not taught well on the type rating, and/or was not well trained during subsequent ICUS flying, and not checked properly during the company's regular checks on the pilot, then when does the ATSB think that he would have attained this knowledge during the hours he accumulated? It certainly would not have developed all by itself during the almost 800 hours on type where both engines were working or the 1,700 hours multi where both engines were working.