PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Jobs in Indonesia??
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 03:35
cdnexpat83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job in SE Asia

Hi everyone, I've been reading all the postings and i am a bit confused. There's a talk about uk assessment, agencies and all and im not sure what they are. I'm just looking for any information on getting into a recruitment program. I have been looking for a job for some time with no luck. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

I went to Indonesia to look for a job in November. tried Merpati, Sriwijaya, Lion Air, Garuda and they all said either not hiring zero hour, type rated FO or need to go thru an agency called Avia.

-Merpati: VP of Flight ops kept my resume and told me to contact Avia
-Sriwijaya: Chief pilot kept my resume but looking for 500+ on NG
-Lion Air: wasn't allowed in the building, not hiring expats period
-Garuda: had an interview, told me after hiring local pilots if need more rated pilots, they will notify me (if shortage occurs and get government approval of hiring expats)

so I called Avia: first person told me to email him his resume and no reply. called another person and same thing happened.
I also found another agency called Skylink. I've been calling them but no answer. I asked a friend who flies for Garuda to call Skylink and he actually talked to someone and got some information.