PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 02:05
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leafie,

I know a guy in Adelaide who would have been ideal for the ATSB to use. They did not look too hard did they?

Akro....I concur with the first line. Much is missed.

As for the EMS bit, I and many others strongly disagree with you. Having said that, pilots who are not trained properly on how to understand their EMS may well be a "Deer in the headlights" and I would say that is 95%.

If the ATSB report of the No6 injector being completely blocked happened in flight, what was the obstruction material? Had there ben any fuel system work done recently? Surging engine RPM does not seem likely from a blocked injector. And yes, an EMS that displayed all the typical parameters such as fuel pressure and flow, EGT/TIT/CHT, oil data, accurate tacho, would have made understanding the problem far easier and allowed for better decisions to be made. Assuming they were understood. If it were partially blocked, that would have stood out like a sore thumb on an EMS. Fully or almost fully blocked that also would have stood out, but the engine would have been shaking itself off the mounts almost.They don't feel smooth on 5.

Your description of the fuel injection is completely accurate And not very easy to completely block unless someone introduces lint or sealant in recent times. Unlike a car.

Reading the report makes you ask more questions than were answered.