PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 22:06
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:Once more you dodge the central issue. The whole point of making a new six-runway hub airport, is that LHR is closed down by act of Parliament. There would be no point otherwise, as everyone would try to struggle on at LHR with all the attendant noise, pollution, transport and danger issues that implies.”

You would have to the Act through Parliament first. Perhaps it’s not as simple as you imply.

Quote: I note that another group of dreamers are proposing to build the new London Airport on the Goodwin Sands. Let us hope they salvage that Dornier Do17 before they cover the Sands with concrete.”

More desperation from those who cannot accept that there is no viable alternative to LHR expansion. It’s “Heathwick” all over again!

Quote: If I was a Troll, I wouldn’t be here; I would be busy on Facebook…”

Who says you’re not?

Quote: The only options are 2 more runways at LHR or closing them all down and build an 8-10 runway THA…”

There is a third, admittedly a disastrous one: do nothing.

Quote: They are improving links to the rail network from LHR by building another link to the GWML to the West of England/South Wales/Midlands and the rest can be sorted by AirTrack”

Forget about Airtrack, it has been canned. There are too many level crossings in Egham and Virginia Water, so the frequency on that route cannot be upped by 4 trains/hour in each direction without causing gridlock on those areas‘ roads.

Quote: What I am hoping is that Labour comes to power (after the next election), they have nothing to lose by approving the expansion of LHR and LGW…”

Quote: This will partly change if Labour wins a majoirty at the next election in 2015, they have nothing to lose if they approve another 2 runnways at LHR (remember that they approved R3 when they where last in power...)"

No party political bias then!

In theory, maybe, but what’s to stop them dithering like they did for the 12 years between 1997 and 2009?

Let's hope we they don't start any wars.

Quote: Can we not name THA after some member of a avation forum?”

No, it’s SILVER ISLAND! in honour of Silver’s consistant, eloquent, tenacious and usually highly entertaining advocacy of such madness.

Live with it!

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 21st Dec 2012 at 22:08. Reason: clarity