PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 21:26
crewmeal

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Planeaddict dream on! Try looking at the wider picture. If there were the loads and yields then airlines would operate from Brum. Just because EK operate a 3rd daily service out of MAN doesn't mean Brum will follow. The figures barely support a 2nd service at the moment, so it's unlikely that they will start a 3rd.

YYZ seems to work during the summer. There is insufficient traffic to operate a schedule during the winter when you have LHR 100 miles south and MAN 90 miles north.

Regarding Asian carriers we're lucky to support a 3/4 x weekly service to ISB. If there is evidence of growth in the Pakistani market then I'm sure PK or other carriers will take up the slack. Regarding India there are many comments in this thread without me adding to it.

Other North American carriers I'm sure will operate when there is evidence of sufficient numbers to operate to Brum. Airlines are always looking for growth regardless of route. But they have to make money and in this economic climate few will take the gamble.

Regarding QR wait until the wheels touch the runway. (I don't mean a diversion.)