Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atsb and the validity of reports

I have read the report by atsb - Agree with Jabs - "FAIL"

Lets have a look at some of what is missing in the atsb report:
  1. Maintenance Issues
  2. The "surging engine";
  3. The effect of the regulator

And from Obidah:

Uneven fuel distribution, perhaps, after all they did find one faulty injector, although undetermined as to what when it failed (pre/post crash) but I am not really buying it. FCU issue/fault seems more plausible, but you would possibly still have even distribution, just not the correct A/F ratios. No history on the FCU given in the report, or I missed it.
Well, the history that atsb reports should have identified maintenance problems, yet no reccomendations.

The reference by atsb to casa is as follows:

CASA audit and surveillance

No organisational or systemic issue was identified in respect of CASA’s surveillance that might adversely affect the future safety of aviation operations.

However, during the investigation CASA advised that, in September 2010, it had commenced a Certificate Management Team approach to its audit and surveillance activities.

This change was intended to improve the evaluation capability across CASA, allow the more effective assignment of resources, increase knowledge sharing, clarify defined roles and responsibilities, and foster standardisation and consistency.
Yet the AOC is removed by casa.

Do we have yet another failure by casa to surveil, and an attempt to "cover up" the fact by "executing" the AOC holder in the AAT??

PLEASE EXPLAIN Mr. casa and Mrs casa [sorry - atsb]