PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruitment
Thread: BA Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 01:20
OBK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLR

Got to say I agree with others. Prior to coming here I looked at the finances and was expecting to see quite a large cut in net take home (was a 6yr SFO in a larger charter company before hand). Quite the opposite has happened and compared to the charter airlines' summer, I'm working a whole lot less on average.

I've already racked up the retail equivalent of £15K in flights...and have had nothing less than club/first to date. ST is amazing. Long may it continue. I can easily see how it's worth upwards of £50K per year if you're in to travelling the globe in comfort.

Fair point though, other airlines have some great offers. My previous company offered part year working for only a small cut in salary which was excellent. It was a hard decision to leave (I initially forced a pessimistic view of BA's Ts & Cs on myself to be absolutely sure) but having been here this long, it's clear it was a good decision. Gutted for those who joined after PP34 and after 450 seniority numbers, and even more so for those waiting in the pool. I hope the recruiters manage to keep the holdpoolers longer than 18 months.

Last edited by OBK!; 13th Dec 2018 at 12:00.