PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is jetaifly belgium selection and interview waste of precious time and money ??
Old 20th Dec 2012, 20:05
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a selection there a few years back. Everything paid from my side (of course) flts hotac transport. . the normal (so it seems these days)

The agency, lets call them Contract - Air , didn't mention the T's & C's , or at least the bit about the Bond (as I was rated with 11,000 + hrs on type, I may have told them to take a jump even if I had passed)

1st part of the assessment was an interview with a "non-person" from HR & a hideous Flemish Dyke , who is apparently in some position in the training Dept. Others were more fortunate to have "her" replaced by the C.P. who I am told is old-school charming.

Having not flown for nearly 1 year my tech knowledge was perhaps a "little rusty", so, having received a suitably vague answer to her question, the Dykes response was to ask an even deeper Q on the same system.

Needless to say I failed, and was not invited to Day 2, which was. . . . . I am told by those who subjected themselves to it, a typical Belgian
( Raw Data of course) "Fail Fest" . . . .how many consecutive & totally unrelated failures can we throw at you before you lose the thread.

So, waste of time ? probably not, but they are living in some Fouga Magister inspired era where selection is concerned. I am led to believe the actual job is not TOO bad, but does involve a fair bit of dicking around in Taxis between the usual Belgian hot-spots of Liege/Ostend/Charleroi & the jewel in the crown Brussels.

Oh, and take care that your BRU based contract doesn't involve the odd secondment (if not indeed the whole damn contract ) to Jet4You, based in some Souk somewhere South of Malaga.

Last edited by captplaystation; 20th Dec 2012 at 20:07.