PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2012, 18:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch/EI Regional

Monarch

These two destinations appear to be gap fillers, with Bordeaux mainly covering the Milan times (Mo/Wed/Sa) and one of the Split flights (Friday morning).

So still nine based for summer from the May and no movement on the dreadful April schedule.

I assume that they are possibly waiting for final confirmation of aircraft deliveries - last April there were 5 x BMI Baby a week and 7 x Monarch to Malaga and in April 2013 just 4 Monarch. Alicante is similar with Palma, Mahon and Dalaman not operating at all.

Talking of Mahon the second Friday flight has been added back leaving ten aircraft required unless they have switched one of the other flights to an away based aircraft. Munich stands out as not fitting the schedule and I suspect the Friday service will be re-timed or chopped.

Aer Lingus Regional

Overnighting aircraft - I know it is early days but will BHX become a base or just crews to local hotels?

Shame they couldn't use the AT72 aircraft to squeeze in a third Cork on some days and second Knock on others but it seems to be away in Dublin from late Morning to mid afternoon.

Is this the first step to all ATR service on the Dublin though?

Pete