PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2012, 18:38
FO_DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAA

Hi all,

Just got back from the first stage testing at OAA this afternoon and thought I would share my two cents with everyone.

I was in a group of myself and around 11-12 other guys (yes, all male) all from different backgrounds. Some out of uni, others in full time jobs etc, and even one who had traveled all the way from Australia. I found the COMPASS test a real mix of easy and challenging obstacles. The hand-eye-foot coordination I struggled with somewhat. Although I did progressively improve, I was struggling at the beginning to keep both dials simultaneously level.

Didn't seem to have too many problems with memory, hand-eye coordination or multi tasking. Spatial coordination, like many others have pointed out is ALL about reading the instructions but I believed I fared well here. I was foolish to stick too long on one question on the maths sections and only completed 18/24 questions. Likewise with the physics I was gave more thought to some of my answers. Although I think I've done alright today I'm worried that it may be just short.

But hey ho, I will never know until January and perhaps I've done better than first thought.