PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Dec 2012, 16:48
Comm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All Swimmers.......here is part of an email sent to a friend of mine who has a job offer within Qatar (not flightdeck) and asked about my position....(which is fast track second officer- interview April.....pool news Aug 2012). I too was confused about the Nov update so here is the reply from within (albeit not directly flightdeck recruitment) when my friend asked about my position and queried the wording of the Nov update. It was sent this morning. It has obvious bias towards FTSO as this is my postion.

"As you know I am not responsible for Flight Deck recruitment however I have checked with my colleagues to clarify the message in this email. What we are saying is that the Talent Pool for Fast Track Second Officers will not be increased i.e. so we will not be recruiting additional people into this pool. This differs from other categories of talent where we may need to continue recruiting in addition to the existing talent pool. The issue we have is that our requirements continuously fluctuate across the categories which is why we have not given definite. All in all I believe it is positive as we are progressing to onboard the people within our talent pool albeit at different rates depending on the category."