PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 20th Dec 2012, 14:18
canadiangal75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I accept your apology kiwichick.. you may not realize it, but you are still a trainee and have a lot to learn. Even when you will get licenced... Going off babbling saying you can do what someone else took 1 year of training to do within 3 months is extremely rude and disrespectful. especially when you have never done the actual job yourself.

As Le Pingouin said, and thank you very much for backing me up on this, your training is designed for air traffic controller, not FSS. Even if you think FSS are not worthy of anything, the work they do is a whole different challenge to being a controller.. You certainly get a lot of strange things in the job. Just the fact that you cannot tell the pilot what to do makes it a huge challenge. As a controller, you have a plan and you make it happen.. As a FSS, you have a plan and have to constantly change it as some pilots do not wish to land on the same runway as everyone else, they don't care about the 6 aircraft landing on runway 26, they want to land on runway 08!

Next time, think before giving your 2 cents, ok?

As for my feedback, I was on JCR's assessment day on September 10th in Brisbane and have yet to receive it. So I understand his frustration as I am in the same boat.

Just remember, just because you made it to the academy, does not guarantee a licence. So understand a lot of hard work is required.

Good luck everyone, no matter what stage you are at, and I think most of us agree that HR have a difficult task with the selection process because as the track record has proved, they are wrong about approximately 50% of the trainees they put through. That could mean that they may have been wrong about the ones they didn't put through.

The proof to my final statement is that some people get in the second time around and actually get licenced just as some people who get in the first time, don't get licenced.