PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globalisation debt & banking
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2012, 13:51
LLuCCiFeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a moderate goldbug myself (I agree with the fundamentals of 'sound money' and I've acquired quite a bit of gold and silver over the last couple of years), but what really bothers me is that the goldbug community has become a bit of a cult where truth no longer matters.

All critical points of view are dismissed and any drop in price is automatically assumed to be a move from 'The Cartel.' On Turd's site, most posters are only capable of posting the sequence number of their post, where content no longer matters, as long as you're "first."

However, also ZeroHedge IMHO also has a seriously hidden agenda where certain things are blown out of proportion (like US Naval build up in the Middle East) but other news events (US pulling back from Syrian coastal waters) go unreported. True, DEBKA is perhaps not the most objective news source, but neither is Stratfor where ZH pulls those fancy naval movement charts from.

It's increasingly harder to see the forest through the trees and how to secure my hard earned savings for the future.

Lately I've been thinking more and more about buying (farm)land because of the following reasons;

1) I don't have that much money, certainly not enough to buy a house/apartment without going into debt which I want to avoid at all costs,
2) it allows me to spread the risk, globally,
3) doesn't require much maintenance,
4) no complicated rental contracts (in a language I might not fully understand) getting exposed to local legislation.
5) less risk of squatting, tenants not paying rent etc.

Any thoughts? Foreign ownership rights are a major obstacle in Asia, in addition to where to buy. Canada? US? New Zealand? Australia? Asia? Europe? South America?