PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2003, 17:34
BeauMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool V1075

Sorry I'm a bit late joining the discussion, but on this chilly snow-ridden January evening I thought I'd just air a little reminiscence of mine from a couple of summers ago...

V1075 (complete with Hairyplane (I presume) and A N Other) had dropped into Skysport on a gorgeous warm Wednesday evening for a cuppa and a chat with the Guv'nor. BeauMan pitches up to do his Wednesday evening stint on Bristol bits and spies a lovely little yellow thing out on the grass, clearly getting ready to go.

Curiosity always gets the better of me at Skysport, so I wandered over and stood spellbound as Hairyplane hand swung V1075's prop into life (it took a few goes, I don't think she wanted to leave just yet), and then taxied out onto the strip. She took off into a still blue sky, followed by a wonderfully lit flypast and a climb out and departure into the sunset. Lovely.

So thank you for that Hairyplane, it was lovely to watch, and on a chilly January evening the memory of it has reminded me what summer's all about.