PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 20th Dec 2012, 05:03
kiwi chick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey jcr737, steve64, canadiangal75... Dare I add my two cents worth?

Yes, OK, I will.

Firstly, Steve64 sorry to hear you didn't get it

We blip, as well as learn how to be controllers. The blipping side - at this stage of training - is almost as hard as the controlling side.

My aviation experience only helps with the phraseology. That's it.

The rest is as much manipulating a computer with a fairly modern software package as well as doing the "three-dimensional" or "spatial" thinking that they look for in controllers. Perhaps, if this was an area of your weakness, this might be why you weren't successful?

Canadiangal75 obviously I can't answer without seeing your feedback - and I don't for one moment profess to be an expert - but from my experience (living with an Air Traffic Controller for three years) there's quite a step up from Flight Data/Flight Service.

Flight Data/Service is the phase we're on at the moment, after three months of training. Once we get rated to do that, we still have another nine months of training to be controllers.

I guess my advice would be to find out where your weaknesses were, make them your strengths if you can, then give it everything you've got next time

Craigieburn, not so - I think you'll find a fair majority of the SSOs are ex trainees.

Last edited by kiwi chick; 20th Dec 2012 at 05:11.