PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new logbook
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 22:50
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys.

My handwriting isn't great and as a result a while back I made the decision just to use the logbook as a 'rough copy', with the intention of buying a new one (with larger boxes) after my skills test and copying everything over. My instructor reccommended the same.

With regard to signatures, it won't be an issue as there are basically only 4 or 5 pages to sign IIRC, so it wouldn't take 10 seconds to do. I have only ever had one instructor anyway.

With regard to the remarks, I'm simply putting in exercise numbers and nav waypoints as per my instructor's advice.

Looking through the pages, it would be great if I could just salvage this copy. The problem is, when I decided just to get a new logbook (a few months back) I became lax with the presentation, started making abbreviations up for remarks, using ICAO designators instead of full names for airfields etc.

However, if the CAA do indeed only need to see that all the exercises have been completed and using ICAO codes for airfields is acceptable, then I might be able to salvage this copy and save myself the hassle/expense. The exercise numbers are readable, and so are the hour totals etc.

Last edited by Odai; 19th Dec 2012 at 22:50.