PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 21:21
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sloppyjoe,

I never said AE and TT are similar to the old DEFO and DESO. I stated that they changed the mins and called them something different. My point was a TT only gets weeks six weeks training before type rating making it the closest thing to DEFO that CX now has. AE is now the closest thing they have to DEFO. I don't think I said at any point they were similar. Please read my post properly.

Judging from your post I think you want HKID card holders to be the only people getting recruited by CX? Is the case you put up as DEFO and DESO will never come back. Don't think that will work.

If AE and TT is a ploy to get cheap expat bums on seats (which I don't deny) then why don't you vent to Cathay management? No point sitting on Pprune and telling expats to stay away 'cause with the economic situation in most of the world people that normally wouldn't consider the C scale wages now find CX the only option for a job. Not just now but for a long time in the future. Airlines are still shutting down in Europe.

Without trawling through my previous posts I don't beleive I said that Indians or Malaysians were more qualified than locals but that the locals applying weren't getting through. As wongsuzie states the locals are not interested in flying for SIA it appears.

I can only base the content of my posts from speaking to former expat SIA and Cathay pilots.

Last edited by pilotchute; 19th Dec 2012 at 21:34.