PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wild deer recovery (video)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 19:16
Old Age Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and my opinion is that YOU should stick to what you know about and that is flying a remote controlled heli at your local airport!
Is this true AB? I presume not! Otherwise what kind of opinion IS this? One you are entitled to I guess.

These kind of jumped up comments have always bemused me, coming from presumably professional pilots.

Probably worthy of note is that eye to hand co-ordination and being good on the sticks aren't actually the whole picture when assessing someone's qualities as a pilot.

Deliberately trimming trees and continuing to fly, along with all sorts of other extreme risk-taking (no matter how much you justify it by saying they were making a lot of money) does not qualify as good piloting.

If these guys had been flying in this manner to avoid enemy fire and fight a war, that would be a different thing entirely but they were just hunting deer.
Well said indeed. What right minded pilot would be comfortable treating a machine in this way and get in it and fly it again? AND ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN? And any comparisons to combat situations is just... well... showing a lack of knowledge of either!

Madness!

*&%$ Me!

How many rotor strikes did he have in that clip?

Someone who won't make old bones, that's for sure. What an idiot!
...is the attitude of a pilot I would want to get in and fly with!

Last edited by Old Age Pilot; 19th Dec 2012 at 19:29.