PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Validity of PPL exams
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 14:13
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for giving this thread the kiss of life and reviving it, but I thought I would let people know what the final outcome was.

I passed the exams but decided to have a break from flying due to moving house and other stuff getting in the way. Sure enough, time flew quicker than I thought and in October I realised that I had but two months to pass my skills test before ALL my exams expired. I booked some time off work and decided to go for it intensely. I happily got back into the aircraft and was very pleased with how quickly I picked up from where I left off. To cut a long story short I passed the skills test last month.

So, to anybody who may have gone through what I've gone through, having confidence problems, not enjoying your flying, or anything else which may mean you're considering giving it up. Don't. Getting back into flying is the best thing I've done and I've not been this happy for a while. I'm in no doubt what happened to me was a one-off, and I cannot wait to get flying on my own license and taking my family up. Just waiting for the CAA to get their finger out and issue my license.