PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FILTON CLOSING......CLOSED!
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 13:07
piperarcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit like stabbing and mortally wounding someone and offering them an aspirin to help with the pain as they die.
I dont disagree with you, just saying that at least there will be something there. Its of great sadness to me, as Concorde is an absolute passion for me, and the closing down of the place where Concorde was partially developed, and the final landing place for the last ever Concorde flown is sad. Its just another blow really .

Do we know if Airbus / BAE / whoever, closed down the airfield because it operationally isnt viable, or are they tarmac'ing over everything just for the money and to build some houses? If they are leaving / restoring some of the WW1 hangars which I presume are to the North of the runway (I might be wrong), and presumably the huge Airbus operation to the South isnt going anywhere, then that leaves motsly just the runway area for development. If it was a case the runway would just become disused, but left there, then at least some of history will be there to see.

I once dream I was a mult-millionaire and had the ££ to by the land as keep it as is, but I'm not :-(