PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 09:10
molitor5901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who has worked at CWL for over 10 years, and seen it go from a "small regional airport" to "bustling international gateway" and back again, I have come to these conclusions.

When CWL was privatized back in 1995, there should have been massive investment from the new owners and the UK Govt (no WAG then!) and built a new terminal, and a multi storey car park, with a proper link to the M4 and Cardiff city. there should have been a proper rail station on a spur up to where the Holiday Inn express is now.

Also the airport should have moved heaven and earth to get a proper lo cost outfit in, running more than a handful of routes.

Bristol did some of these things in the same timespan, and look where they are today.

Carwyn Jones has actually exceeded my expectations, I thought after he formed his "Committee", that there would be just lots of hot air and no actual action.

I was wrong! CJ is even more of a halfwit than I ever imagined! spending "tens of millions" of taxpayers money, (my guess is c.45 million) on an airport in in its death rattle, when he knows NOTHING about running an airport, is gross stupidity, even in a time of economic stability! but to do it in a time of extreme economic hardship is even worse.

Try telling people up the Valleys or mid Wales, that around 45 million pounds won't be coming there way, because its been spent on a dying airport just up the road from Cardiff Bay!

to some up in 4 words.... TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE