PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 18th Dec 2012, 21:45
CliveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lyman

You can find Nx in either in Section 1.16.13.2 of the BEA report or, more exactly, in Fig 1 of Annexe 4p of that report.

The side loads provided by the misaligned bogie are apparent in the photography. What affect?
Now you are just putting back to me the question I asked you in an earlier posting...

Shimmy, as I understand it, is a cyclical rotation of the wheels about the main leg. Again at the time we are talking about, the aircraft sideslip was 3 deg. Allowing for +/- 3 deg oscillation because of the missing spacer that would mean the wheels oscillating between zero and 6 deg would it not? Why would the time they were at less than 3 deg not offset the time they were at more? Or in other words, why should shimmy change the average force?
But if you are going to claim that the absence of the spacer had a significant effect on the outcome then you really should provide some more quantitative arguments than anything written so far. Everything I have seen and such calculations as one can make are consistent with the effect of the spacer being rather small - well actually I would say very small.