PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 19:00
ETflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bearcat,

I am slightly confused at to what to expect from stage one assessment. There seems to be contradicting information from the email and what appears on the website.

The email says:

Invitation to Stage 1 Assessment which consists of

"4 x written tests:
- Numeracy
- Numerical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Combined Maths/Physics

*Pilot Aptitude testing
*Group exercise"

I do not really understand why there are stars next to Pilot Aptitude Testing and Group exercise.

The website says:

"Once your application has been assessed and accepted, you will progress to Phase II of the selection process. Phase II consists of a series of questions that you will be required to answer within a given time. If successful you will progress to Phase III which is a two-day assessment at a venue (soon to be confirmed) in the UK, which includes the following tests:
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Numerical Reasoning
  • Verbal Reasoning
  • Pilapt
    • Hand-Eye co-ordination
      • Two dimensional tracking
      • Three dimensional tracking
    • Cognitive tests
      • Information processing
      • Selective attention
Candidates who are successful at this stage will progress on to the next two assessments:
  • Group Exercise
  • Competency based interview"

What does the "series of questions" refer to? I have received no information with regards to this and it appears this phase does not exist and everybody is directed straight onto phase 3?

If anybody who applied last year could shed some light on this confusion please that would be great.