PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 16:40
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nationalisation is always the answer British Steel, British Rail, British Leyland, The National Coal Board, The Soviet Union, etc.. all managed to be brilliant and ended well. Mmmmm.

I didn't come here to give a lecture on communism but if the Ts & Cs for the nationalised airline they will need to operate all these new services are in line with those for Welsh government and assembly members I'm available.

The current owners have badly managed the airport but it is not entirely their fault that no one seems to be able to make a profit at CWL in the bleak times we are now in. CWL is a marginal destination and always has been. Nothing has really changed. Don't harp about BRS it is a totally different scenario. It is far more about how the local economies have developed over the last 20 years than how the actual airports have developed.

What the politicians should have done was build a road (a good one), build a railway (a proper one) and help the commercial owners build a new terminal (one that works). I note they are still not saying they will do any of those very basic things. Even these won't solve the problem but would put CWL in a good place when things do finally improve. They can't do any of those things as they don't have the political will power (how long has the road been talked about) or more importantly the MONEY !!!!!!

The reasons CWL isn't BRS won't change with a change of owner. May be the politicians should stick to trying to fix the country. Buying the airport to increase it's utilisation is like trying to fix a car by putting in a flash new radio when it needs a new engine !

As Bill Clinton rightly said - "It's the economy stupid". and he's still right everytime I quote him.