PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 12:49
planenut321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you TA... how is this going to make the situation any better?

I couldn't believe it when I read it this morning, a task force is set-up which has said nothing and achieved nothing since its creation... all of a sudden the airport will be nationalised. How will this help? What can you do differently? One thing that has been said is that there will be NO... that is NO... subsidies given to airlines... what about VY? What about NM? Surely they will be adversely affected by this! A lick of paint and a couple of flower pots isn't going to make Emirates announce DBX or Delta announce NYC. The owner of the airport only has limited influence on the performance of an airport with the market being the determining factor. Flights to Bristol are £200 cheaper but Cardiff Airport has nice new seats in the waiting area... it isn't going to change anything.

Also saw that CJ announced this via Twitter. Wow... professional. This is not the right way to do it at all. He also annouced that SH routes will be increased in the short term with LH routes introduced later. AMS/CDG/DUB can't stay stabilse for more than 3 months in a row this is what is needed to be addressed! Sort out what we have, don't just plow money into more of everything if people aren't using what is already there!

Last edited by planenut321; 18th Dec 2012 at 13:35.