PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females only!
Thread: Females only!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 12:07
Hannah222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replys, I'm glad people have opinions on it! Mary, and others who agree, is it really not possible to have children and fly? Short haul flights, living close to the airfield, dad who has a steady job (not shifts) etc. I'm sure it could work and really, whats so bad with daycare centres and childminders- my parents have worked full time since I was born.
As for the person who wanted numbers, about 6% of commercial pilots are women today and for this to rise by 1 percent means only 420 women need a license. But with 70 % of women dropping out 1,400 women must start training. This was 2 years ago and still no change.
The fact women just aren't interested is a good point and maybe its true? But is that because little girls are always pink, with dolls and 'pushed' towards 'girl' jobs so a pilot was never an option? I remember being about 10 on a plane and dad asked if I would be an air hostess and I said no, it's just like being a waitress! He never asked if I would like to be a pilot.