PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghost pilots
Thread: Ghost pilots
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 09:14
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How often had FBOs seen him off single pilot? I know it's "not their job" but you'd have thought that someone, in all those years...

But far more importantly this represents an appalling breach of Security. Here are the rest of us uniformed licenced checked to the limit pilots flying fully accredited airliners being searched, groped, fingered, touched up and turned over on a daily basis by the "security" staff, our lives are regulated by officious and largely useless paranoid legislation, we are locked into our cockpits and generally treated like potential criminals all day long and here is an unlicenced IRANIAN illegally flying an unlicenced plane for YEARS single pilot and "no one has noticed".

Is it me or is this a horrific failing in view of the security situation we are all (all but unlicenced Iranians apparently) subjected to? It gives me no faith whatsoever in the usefulness of "security" if someone with such a blatantly hazardous profile gets away with this for so long.

Frankly I'm staggered this hasn't caused an international uproar. But perhaps, actually, no one outside the shareholders of the "security" industry really cares? Least of all our slippery teflon coated politicos.