PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Army Aviation Corps
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2012, 07:22
emergov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang in there Felix

I haven't got any news for you about pay and capability allowance Felix. It is being 'discussed'.

Don't hold your breath for any quality of discussion here. With the exception of you, 1981, and BR71 (despite his nostalgia), this thread will continue to spiral into chauvinist rants from ex FLTLT and FSGT who have never been within 20 miles of a capability decision, and who are incapable of differentiating between a 'discussion' between people with an opinion, a 'proposal' put to a decision maker, and an actual 'decision'.

Andu in particular seems to barely be on passing terms with the facts, and feels that an aside at the end of a bar-room chat is sufficient evidence to validate his opinion of Army Aviation.

My contribution is this:
Most if not all of what has been posted here since the thread went maverick is false. That minority of opinion which has some basis in fact is so utterly biased as to be laughable. The only difference between the efforts of RAAF RW and AAAvn is that AAAvn are fixed in place by three, gusting four major acquisitions/disposals, having had three squadrons fully engaged in generating detachments for operational deployment for the best part of 7 years.

RAAF have shown themselves quite capable of screwing this stuff up., At least BR71 displayed some lucidity in his post about the current problems with F18E, Wedgetail, and other air projects.

As for claims that we are all on some ASIO watch list, I for one have nothing to worry about, having fashioned a very comfortable and stylish tinfoil hat last week; wearing it right now. I have also bought twenty-three copies of Catcher in the Rye, for some reason...