PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2012, 21:28
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put your bets down for when it breaks the 10M again?
I think the airport will be scraping under the 10 million mark for another year, and any increase in number (if any) will be minimal.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but its not like so far we are seeing a whole raft of new destinations and additional capacity being added to the airport.

We are seeing the usual tweaking of schedules for the summer, with easyJet offering new routes to Olbia and Mykonos, but like usual there doesn't seem to be any new aircraft and just cutting the schedules of other routes to accommodate these.

It doesn't look Adria are coming back next year to fly the Ljubljana service, also with loosing the Aer Arrann services and FlyBE cutting theres for several months. This will be a drop of several thousand a month.

If you look at the Thomson brochure, the flight programme for TOM doesn't look at busy as previous years. With fewer destinations and frequencies the the Costas, etc...

I think Wizzair is likely to be the only airline to grow at the airport next year, and to be fair to them I think this will be less than previous years, they are focussing growth at present out of Budapest... To continue their dominance as a replacement to the now defunct Malev and replace some the Ryanair routes, after the airline reduced their services from there recently.

I do however notice Monarch are continuing the Rome and Munich services. But again, I don't think their is additional metal to fly these routes and just a tweak in the schedules.

Last edited by gilesdavies; 17th Dec 2012 at 21:30.