PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Recruiting
Thread: TUI Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2012, 10:19
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kilo
As someone who is involved as a recruiter I am sorry that anyone should feel let down, although I should emphasise that we have no input into how our management choose to employ/hold pool people who are found suitable. I can only repeat that the available permanent positions were all filled by the people who were scored most highly on assessment. The Company then identified the need for flying out of LBA and that this created further jobs which they chose to offer as temporary contracts as the future of the Leeds programme was uncertain. These positions were then offered to the people who had passed the assessment but were not offered a permanent position due to their relative scores. They are, therefore, no worse off than they were originally. I fully appreciate that the terms of the temporary contract are not attractive, and emphasise that this is not a route down which the Company Council and established pilot workforce wish to travel in future. The issue of cadet versus experienced recruitment is a whole other ballgame, and not one over which we as the recruitment team have any influence. Perhaps Yeoman who is a CC member can clarify that better than me if he visits.