PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines and morale
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2003, 09:27
small4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac,

Thanks for your open approach to us all asking for information for your article.

By the responses you will probably already have received, plus the posts here, I'm sure you have already appreciated the myriad number of facets contained within a fairly compact and dynamic industry.

I cannot disagree with and wholeheartedly endorse just about all of the comments made so far on conditions within the industry. Note I refer to conditions and not pay.

A number of the more mature pilots have reasonable bank balances mainly because they do not have the time to reduce the balance! The new guys? I do not understand how some survive.

Just three points I would ask you to keep in mind:

1) Are we pilots, particularly those who have been in the industry 20 to 30 years, a bunch of habitual moaning whingers?

2) How many totally positive responses in respect of conditions have you received?

3) If you ask, how many pilots will allow you to quote their name in any article? Remember these guys do not fear to make daily decisions manifestly affecting the lives of hundreds of people in their care.

What they do fear is the management!