PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 17th Dec 2012, 09:06
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Gironimo:

- It seems correct that QR now wants to take people from the pool over people which they are going to interview in the future. Which is good news - and should be common sense in any case (I know ME is not famous for its common sense) . But as the recruitment process is anything but transparent, I am quite sure that something like Spanair/CTC/etc can happen anytime again.

- How do you know about the "well under 400" ? Or can you just confirm if its a reliable source and not rumour. If its true, things are looking up. Although we [on pprune] never really had hard numbers upon poolsize, waitlists etc. . Ranges were from 300-500, even 700 or 100 were in the discussion someplace.

- I guess there are still some more people in the pool that have done their interviews well before April. e.g. Im waiting since November - and I know for sure that Im not the only one. (NTSO is bottomlist priority though). As QR doesnt really have a seniority system, people are pulled rather randomly according to their current requirements. There are people that joined just 1 month after the good news email - and there is us [discussing about the subject for quite a while now]

- Some FOs have signed their contracts, got delayed, and never recieved any more updates - not even the talent pool emails.

For me the email was "nice to have" but thats about it.

... you will recieve a fleet allocation and offer of employment within the next 6 weeks (January '12)...

... the contract is going to come March/April '12...

... we are sorry to inform you that the SO programme is on hold, wait until May...

... you are very likely to start in June (although still no contract)...

... wait until July + now there is a talent pool...

... wait until November + you might consider other career options...

... wait until February '13

In case they really intend to call us, of course, Im happy. But I cannot count on them anymore, as I have done several important decisions upon the first promises - which they didnt keep. For anyone saying its my fault that I made the decision to rely on them in the first place -yes I know. The decision was mine and still is after all. But also I am used to trust someone, who gives me his word, especially if its a big company.