PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 16th Dec 2012, 23:55
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lyman
I know the pic is from other than BEA, but it is intriguing, and I believe it is genuine.
No Lyman, I'm sorry but this pic is from page 64 of the final report; there are other pics from the runway in pages before and after that.
All those pics show places where Concorde was after the destruction of the tyre from wheel #2. Hence I fail to see where you're heading to?

As previously quoted:
Originally Posted by AlphaZuluRomeo
Quote from B. Sieker (op. cit. in my #160): The report makes a point of recording that there was no sign of abnormality in the taxying and takeoff run up to the point of tyre destruction. There was no shimmy, no deviation from track, the brake temperatures were equal RHS and LHS, and the longitudinal acceleration was consistent with the TO mass and ambient conditions. Let us accept that ensemble as evidence that any bogie misalignment due to the missing spacer became a potential problem only after the destruction of the tyre.
I would also take this opportunity to say that I fully agree with Nick Thomas' excellent last two posts #222 & #224 just above.
Well said, Sir, and tip of the hat to you.

Last edited by AlphaZuluRomeo; 16th Dec 2012 at 23:56.